Website Heartland Counseling Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Heartland Counseling Services, Inc. is seeking an experienced and dynamic Marketing and Development Director. As an organization, we believe that community comes first and that anything is possible. We embrace change and encourage innovation. Together, we bring our passion and have fun. As the Marketing and Development Director, you will be the front-line fundraiser responsible for developing strategies to secure annual, planned giving, and donor directed gifts. You personally will manage and develop a prospect portfolio aimed at significantly increasing major gift support at Heartland. In addition, you will help to build and manage Heartland’s brand and all aspects of marketing communications in order to raise awareness of the organization across the 15 counties in Nebraska we serve and all of Siouxland.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop comprehensive fundraising and marketing plans and objectives in conjunction with the Executive Team with targeted goals, quantifiable outcomes, and timelines.
Investigates, researches, and pursues program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend Heartland’s brand and increase avenues of support.
Plan, supervise, and grow Heartland’s individual giving programs, including on-air fundraising, direct mail, social media, and telemarketing campaigns.
Focus on cultivating and growing donor base, manage major gifts, and planned giving programs, including identification of prospects, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors.
Collaborate across all departments to brand and promote programs, events, and notable achievements across multiple platforms.
Creates unified messaging that connects on-air, direct mail, social media, telemarketing, and other fundraising campaigns and activities.
Directs the creation, production, and distribution of all marketing materials such as press releases, newsletters, and publications (print and digital) and ensures the consistent use of all print and electronic branding assets such as letterhead and logos. Updates style guide as needed.
Strategically selects sponsorship opportunities and community outreach events that elevate Heartland’s profile and brand awareness.
Work with Board of Director’s Fund Development Committee to review, monitor, and assess fund raising programs, and identify meaningful ways for Board members to participate in revenue-generating activities.
Manage major fundraising events annually (Gala, Trivia Night, etc.). Acquire and manage volunteers. Manages relationships with third party fundraisers.
Develop ‘friend-raising” events that provide fiscal growth and engagement of new/current donors across the 15 counties. Events must be mission relevant, donor educational, and cost effective. (Trunk or Treat, Mental Health Walk, Vendor Fair, etc.)
Database and Records Management – Supervises and manages fundraising platforms. Collaborate with staff on queries, reports, exports, and any other data as needed.
Travel across 15 counties in Nebraska monthly to cultivate relationships and donor base. Attend chamber of commerce coffees and dinners, community meetings, community collaboration events, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with at least 4 years of progressive experience in a similar role
- Comprehensive knowledge in nonprofit fundraising and marketing
- Experience and knowledge of project management and coordination
- Ability to maintain knowledge and professional development in market research, business trends, and fundraising trends that may impact needs and resources
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to supervise volunteers and staff, work both independently and in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license and appropriate vehicular insurance
- Knowledge of Heartland Counseling Services, Inc. is desired
- A working knowledge of Nebraska counties: Antelope, Boyd, Brown, Burt, Cedar, Cherry, Dakota, Dixon, Holt, Keya Paha, Knox, Pierce, Rock, Thurston, Wayne; Woodbury County Iowa, and Union County South Dakota is desired
- 2-3 weeks paid vacation per year.
- 12 paid sick days per year.
- 2 paid personal days per year.
- 1 paid mental health day per year.
- 9 paid holidays per year.
- 3 paid training days per year.
- Bereavement Leave.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Paid life insurance policy.
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- 3% matching retirement plan after 2 years of employment.
- Flexible schedule.
To apply for this job please visit heartlandcounseling.bamboohr.com.