Website Sunrise Retirement Community
Senior Living Choices for You
SUNRISE RETIREMENT COMMUNITY
JOB TITLE: Director of Fund Development
DEPARTMENT: Fund Development
REPORTS TO: Executive Director/ Administrator
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB:
Director of Fund Development identifies, engages, cultivates, solicits and stewards current and prospective donors in expanding their financial support for the work and success of Sunrise Retirement Community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Achieve and maintain yearly fund raising goals approved by the Board of Directors.
- Plan and manage annual appeal campaign (prepares mailing list, sends letters, follow-up, “Thank You” letters, etc.)
- Develop annual operational plan with goals and action steps to accomplish.
- Generate various management reports including information on moves management, calls made, and progress toward financial goals to Executive Director
- Responsible for providing written monthly development report for the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for assisting in development of appropriate budget line items and monitoring for adherence to budget.
- Seek grant opportunities (complete and follow-up on requirements of each grant)
- Manage and maintain donor database – records donor gifts, acknowledge donations, help purchase and put in place all “donor specified” gift.
- Write monthly articles for SRC’s Newsletters.
- Establish and nurture relationships with constituents- residents, families, staff and donors
- Promote and coordinate planned giving opportunities (awareness, brochures, etc.)
- In cooperation with Marketing Department, perform the following:
- Develop and implement community relations programs/seminars to support overall development.
- Collaborate in developing assorted promotional pieces (flyers, brochures, etc.) as needed.
- Prepare news releases and newspaper articles as they relate to public relations topics.
- Maintain a display booth at various conferences
- Be aware of legislative issues and changes as they pertain to fund raising and not-for-profit organizations.
- Stay up-to-date in areas relating to development (involved with various organizations, seminars/meetings)
- Conduct an array of fundraisers and events
- Coordinate volunteer programs (work with volunteers, orientation, manage files, etc.)
- Attend Sunrise and Siouxland Community events to promote interactions with potential donors and work a flexible schedule when necessary
- Other duties as required by the Sunrise Team members to accomplish team goals.
- Responsible for knowing and following Sunrise’s compliance policies and procedures.
- Must successfully pass Sunrise’s pre-employment physical examination, including TB test.
- Works indoors handling frequent phone calls, reaching and handling files and supplies, seldom in excess of 20 pounds.
Extensive experience in the marketing, fundraising or development field required, Bachelor’s degree in related field a plus. Thorough knowledge in generally all MS office programs. Must possess good verbal and written communication skills, effective planning an organizational skills. Must be flexible and have a high level of accuracy. Must have a willingness to take initiative. Must display the ability to meet conditions of employment applicable to the organization.
This position has the potential of remote work, at least part of the time.
Email resume and cover letter to: Hallie Salmen at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org